Financial security and support for Stevenson
Life is full of competing priorities. Often the things we want to do don't coordinate with what we know we need to do. If you are in or approaching retirement, you know that one priority is making sure you have enough income. Yet, you may also want to continue your support of favorite charities such as Stevenson. Saving and charitable giving don’t have to be competing priorities. Enter the Stevenson charitable gift annuity! Consider achieving two of your priorities at once - both income and charitable support.
A charitable gift annuity is simple. You make a gift to Stevenson of cash or appreciated securities, and Stevenson agrees to pay up to two individuals a fixed income for life. The payments never fluctuate and are not affected by changes in the economy or financial markets. Stevenson will give you a simple agreement for your records. Then just wait for the payments. In return for your gift, you will get an income tax charitable deduction for a portion of your gift. In almost every case some of your annuity payments will be partially tax-free for a time.
How to establish a charitable gift annuity
Once you decide to move forward to establish a charitable gift annuity with Stevenson University, here is the process. We will guide you every step of the way.
- Contact the Planned Giving office to ensure that the age(s) of the annuitant(s) meet the gift annuity policies at Stevenson.
- If you have not received a financial illustration for the gift you are considering, request the illustration from the Planned Giving office.
- Request a Gift Annuity Application form from the Planned Giving office.
- Complete the information on the application.
- Send the Gift Annuity Application to the Planned Giving office at Stevenson University.
- If you are using a check to fund the gift, enclose your check with the application.
- Shortly after your application is received you will be sent a Charitable Gift Annuity Agreement, along with tax reporting information for when you file your income taxes.
- You'll need to sign the Charitable Gift Annuity Agreement and return it to Stevenson. Stevenson will provide a fully signed agreement to you.